Tequila Poker is a game that combines elements of five-card poker and Blackjack. You are dealt four cards, and then have to choose whether you would like to go for a poker hand or a point total hand. You are then dealt another two cards. The five best cards out of six make up your final hand.
Tequila Poker is played with a single 52-card deck. All cards are dealt face up.
To play the game:
* Click on a chip to select its value. Then click the chip, or the Ante circle on the table to place your bet. Every click increases your bet by the chip value, and every right-click decreases the bet. You can also click Clear bets to remove all chips from the table and start over.
* Click the Deal button.
* Four cards will be dealt, and the point total of these cards will be displayed to the left of them. Now you must choose whether to play High Tequila, Tequila Poker, or to fold. If you choose to play, a second (main) bet will be placed, equal to your Ante bet. If you choose to fold, you will only lose your Ante bet.
* If you chose to play, two more cards will be dealt. The cards will then be rearranged so that the first five cards make up your best hand. Please note: in High Tequila, your lowest card is disregarded and the point total is made up of your 5
* If your best five cards make up a winning hand, you win even money on the Ante bet; and your main bet pays according to the paytables on the left and right of the screen. If you do not have a winning hand, you lose your bets and the round is over.
* If you want to play another round, press New Game. Then place your bets as described above and click the Deal button, or click Rebet to place the same bets as in the previous round.
In High Tequila, card points are the same as in Blackjack: face value for number cards, 10 for picture cards. The Ace is always counted as 11. The lowest card is disregarded, and the rest of the cards must make up a point total of 46 or more to win.
If you get a winning hand, your Ante bet pays even money, and your main bet pays according to the paytable on the left of the screen.
In Tequila Poker, your cards are used to make up the best possible five-card poker hand automatically. The remaining card is disregarded. You will need at least a pair of Aces to win. Please note that if the first four cards already make up a winning hand (for example, Two Pair or Three of a Kind), the name of the hand will be displayed under the cards when you are asked to make your play.
If you get a winning hand, your Ante bet pays even money, and your main bet pays according to the paytable on the right of the screen.
Deal the cards.
Remove all bets from the table.
Play for a high point total
Play for a five-card poker hand
Forfeit your Ante bet and end the game round.
Start a new game round.
Place the same bet as in the previous round and deal the cards.
The lower edge of the game window holds the casino toolbar. It contains the following:
* Current balance
Your account balance. This is the money you can use to play the casino games.
Clicking this button opens the Cashier window, where you can make deposits and withdrawals, see your transaction history, etc.
* Play for Real Money
This button appears only in Fun or Offline Mode. Clicking it will take you to the Real Money account creation page. If you already have a Real Money account, it will take you to the Play for Real Money login screen.
Clicking this button will activate the black strip to the left of it, turning it into a text box. Enter a message and click Chat again. A separate chat window will open. Please note: You can only talk to other players in multiplayer games or answer an administrator if they initiate a chat with you.
Some popular functions are united under the Menu.
Clicking History (unavailable in Offline mode) will open the game history window, where you can see the details of recent game rounds.
Options allows you to change audio quality and various gameplay settings, and Help opens the help article that you are reading right now.
Online Support lets you contact a customer support specialist, if one is online.
Clicking this button closes the game window and takes you back to the Lobby.
If you wish, you can press the following keys on your keyboard instead of clicking the buttons on the screen.
Press this key
To do this
Highlight the next button on the screen.
Click the button that is currently highlighted.
Start a new game round, press again to rebet as well.
Raise your bet. Different number keys raise your bet by a different chip value. The number of functioning keys depends on the chips allowed for the current player and can be subject to change.
Exit the game and go back to the lobby.
Note on large wins: Winning amounts of $10,000 or more (or the equivalent in your gaming currency) are considered large wins. Large wins need to be verified by a live operator.
Note on malfunctions: A malfunction voids all pays and plays.
Note on disconnections: If you are disconnected from the Internet in the middle of a game while playing for Real Money, please re-establish your Internet connection and log back into the casino. You will be automatically directed to the game that was interrupted so you can continue playing.